Welcome to Hercon Pharmaceuticals
Established in 1985, Hercon Pharmaceuticals is a manufacturer of Generic Transdermal Medications.
Hercon Nitroglycerin Transdermal System
Hercon Pharmaceuticals, a leader in the generic transdermal market.
Excellence in Manufacturing and Development
In pursuit of new drug development and pharmaceutical partnerships!
Hercon Pharmaceuticals is dedicated to the manufacturing and development of generic transdermal medications. Our pursuit of new drug development as well as pharmaceutical partnerships provide the groundwork for a promising future.
Hercon has established itself as a leader in the generic transdermal market through sales of Hercon’s Nitroglycerin Transdermal System. Hercon has a commitment to producing a quality product that is safe and affordable for the consumer.
Established in 1985, Hercon Pharmaceuticals is a manufacturer of Generic Transdermal Medications, releasing the first generic nitroglycerin transdermal patch to the United States market in 1986. The company sells its transdermal nitroglycerin patch to distributors and wholesalers for distribution throughout the United States. Hercon is currently marketing its second generation Nitroglycerin Transdermal System with great success. This product is used for transdermal relief of vascular and cardiovascular symptoms related to angina pectoris.
Hercon’s facility offers manufacturing, packaging and research & development opportunities. Hercon’s facility is both an FDA and DEA licensed facility.
With a large number of branded products coming off patent in the near future, there are many opportunities for developing generic transdermal deliveries for these drugs.
Hercon pursues strategic partnerships with other pharmaceutical companies that could benefit from our experience in transdermal drug delivery systems. This strategy allows both parties to reduce their capital expenditures. Hercon is currently working on NDA & ANDA products as a result of this type of Technology Transfer with major pharmaceutical companies.
- 10,500 sq./ft.
- New Product Development
- Skin Permeation Testing
- Stability Testing
- Pilot Coating
- Technology Transfers
- Perkin Elmer Spectrum One FTIR
- Waters 2690 Alliance HPLC
- Beckman DU800 UV/VIS
- 18,000 sq./ft Manufacturing
- 21,000 sq./ft Warehouse
- Solvent Coating
- Custom Assembly
- State of the Art Packaging
- Die cutting
- FDA Licensed #2522638
- DEA Class 2 Licensed
To learn how our company can help you with your R&D or manufacturing project, please contact our business development representative.
Hercon Nitroglycerin Transdermal System:
Hercon’s Transdermal Nitroglycerin Systems are a prescription drug which delivers a controlled release of nitroglycerin for use in relief of angina pectoris. This product is sold in three strengths of 0.2mg/hr, 0.4mg/hr and 0.6mg/hr.
- NDC# 49730-111-30 – 0.2mg/hr
- NDC# 49730-112-30 – 0.4mg/hr
- NDC# 49730-113-30 – 0.6mg/hr
In addition to Hercon’s Nitroglycerin Transdermal products, the Company is currently developing NDA & ANDA products for client pharmaceutical companies. For more information on Hercon’s Nitroglycerin Transdermal Systems, please contact our sales and marketing representatives. View our Patient Package Insert (PDF) |
Hercon Pharmaceuticals is a professionally managed pharmaceuticals company offering unique opportunities to learn and grow your career.
At Hercon Pharmaceuticals, we provide an environment where people come and give their best not because they have to, but because they want to. We invest in our people to build our business.
If you have the talent and the desire to achieve the best, Hercon will provide you with that opportunity.We are constantly seeking individuals who share our passion for excellence, hard work and creativity. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, disability, life insurance and retirement plan.
Manager, Planning and Materials Management
Responsible for Planning, Procurement, Logistics, Warehouse and Customer Management. Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in materials and distributing raw materials, finished products and supplies in the organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related fields
5-10 years of experience required
Planning, Procurement, vendor, and warehouse management experience
Word / Excel
Scope and Responsibilities:
End-to-end planning including S&OP with Supply Chain and Marketing
Cost of goods analysis
Preparation of yearly and long-range financial planning (LRFP) budgets
Production scheduling per inventory targets
Manage daily receipt and shipment of customer orders
Procurement and Logistics
Deliver continuous improvement in supplier delivery, quality and cost.
Purchase Raw Materials and supplies based on production planning to ensure timely receipt of materials to support the production schedule.
Maintain inventory levels by ordering components/materials from suppliers.
Manage purchase contracts to protect company interests.
Properly staff and manage inbound freight and staff and manage outbound movement of finished goods to the customers.
Coordinate inbound freight and outbound transportation of finished goods to maximize efficiency and lower overall cost of doing business.
Responsible to maintaining the warehouse and materials in accordance to cGMP’s, maintaining proper segregation of materials and storage conditions.
Monitoring of critical area temperature and humidity
Responsible for managing all inventory activities for pre and post production, including maintenance and review of material inventory levels and delivery scheduling to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained.
Year-end physical inventory and reporting
Validation QA Engineer
The Validation QA Engineer, reporting to the Compliance Officer, has primary responsibility for quality assurance of the validation program associated with manufacturing, facility, computers, utilities, and laboratory related GMP equipment, systems, and processes. The incumbent will guide strategic planning and direction for the validation program. The position additionally provides QA of maintenance activities.
- Bachelor of science (or equivalent)
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in a cGMP pharmaceutical environment.
- Broad equipment qualification and validation experience with manufacturing, facility, computers, utilities, and laboratory related GMP equipment, systems, and processes.
- Solid computer skills supporting technical writing, data analysis, and presentations to senior management
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Broad equipment qualification and validation experience including computer systems, process, cleaning, and test methods Laboratory data review in support batch disposition; cross check to raw data and calculation assurance
- QA review of analytical technology transfer and method validation
- QA leadership for authoring, review, and approval of validation master plan
- Generation and administration of validation SOPs
- QA support of Design Qualification, FAT, SAT, URS, and related validation documentation
- Approval of validation protocols, investigations, and reports
- Quality oversight of maintenance
Die Cutting and Pouch Operator, Second shift (3:30pm-12:00am), training will vary on first and second shifts, must be flexible.
The Level II operator is to produce a quality product by both visual and manual means. Ability to read, understand, and follow Batch Records and documentation of results, SOP’s and GMP regulations on daily basis. Inspect product during die cutting, pouch and packaging processes on daily basis.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent/ GED
- Mathematics – Knowledge of metric system (counting milli meters, centimeters and meters on the meter stick) and arithmetic, statistics, and their applications
- Prior manufacturing experience in regulatory industry such as (FDA and DEA) preferred
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Making corrugate shippers
- Unloads product from the packaging side of the assembly machine
- Visual Inspection of laminate and pouches and pack out finished product into shelf cartons
- Passing shelf cartons and shippers through serialization machine then apply labels
- Packs shelf cartons into corrugate shipper
- Loads completed corrugate shippers onto skid
- Assists with training of new or advancing employees
Production/Assembly Physical Requirements:
- Changing the release liner (81-108 Lbs.), with aide of lift device, occasionally per week
- Changing the packaging film (52-66 Lbs.), occasionally per week
- Pushing or pulling a skid (various weight), involves rolling the skid with use of a lift (“jack”) occasionally per week
- Stretch wrap finished product skids occasionally per week
- Other employees may assist in these change/rolling, as needed. – Operators shouldn’t take this as granted.
- Occasional lifting required
Quality Assurance Associate
The Quality Assurance Associate is responsible to assure that products meet industry and federal standards and identify opportunities to make the entire manufacturing process more efficient. The QA Associate provides thorough sampling of raw materials, intermediates, in process and finished product. They perform review of Batch Manufacturing Records (BMR) and supporting documentation. They provide the QA sampling plan for the incoming raw material and all in process products during manufacturing operations. Quality assurance associates provide direction to manufacturing on quality issues. Quality Assurance Associates also provide input to manufacturing and laboratory investigations, change controls, and CAPA.
- Degree in Scientific field preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write Quality System documents including investigations, change controls, and CAPA
- Ability to collaborate and work well in teams
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills.
- Understanding of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective/Preventive action plans.
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize work and to deliver on timelines and commitments
- Good organizational skills
- cGMP knowledge and experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Working knowledge of measurement instruments scales and rulers
- Medically certifiable for possible respirator use
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work with electronic quality systems such as Trackwise and Documentum
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Performs and documents all QA in-process and final product quality inspections according to applicable procedures
- Ensures shop floor compliance to GMP and GDP
- Performs all QA equipment and area inspections prior to the start of manufacturing according to company procedure
- Performs line clearance prior to manufacturing for batch and lot changeover
- Performs sampling and inspection of incoming raw materials and components according to applicable specifications and procedures
- Perform status changes and labeling of raw materials, in-process materials, and finished product
- Submit samples of Finished Product and Raw Materials along with required documentation to Quality Control for analytical testing
- Ability to write/review manufacturing and laboratory investigations
- Ability to track and facilitate on time closure of investigations, CAPA, and Change Controls
- Support SOP creation/revisions specific to manufacturing and quality functions.
- Ability to perform internal audits and generate audit reports
- Responsible for the procurement and the orderly storage of final product and raw material reserves according to company procedures
- Maintains up-to-date visual reference of non-conforming product/raw materials
- Maintains adequate supplies needed for job performance
- Interact with manufacturing providing positive, constructive input when quality issues are identified
- Perform a thorough review of executed batch manufacturing records along with all supporting documents
- Provides quality input and oversight to warehouse operations
To apply for employment with Hercon, simply email your resume to email@example.com.
For employment verifications or other HR correspondence, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download our employment application by clicking here.
Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA) Inc.